IOSH - Managing Safely V 5.0
- To give managers and supervisors an understanding of everyone's safety and health responsibilities in the work place
- To enable managers and supervisors to recognise how they can influence, control and monitor risk to improve Safety and Health issues in the work place.
Who should attend?
Managing safely is for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organization. It’s designed to get managers up to speed on the practical actions they need to take to handle health and safety in their teams.
The course consists of Seven units covering a range of Health and Safety topics including: A general approach to managing safely understanding why incidents involving injury or damage occur applying management principles to Health and Safety problems.
The course comprises eight core modules.
Module1 : Introducing managing safely
Module2 : Assessing risks.
Module3 : Controlling risks.
Module4 : Understanding responsibilities.
Module5 : Understanding hazards.
Module6 : Investigating incidents.
Module7 : Measuring performance.
- 21 hours of learning
- 1 hour for assessment
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Apply basic management principles and practices to health and safety issues as part of a total business strategy.
- Set practical health and safety objectives, plan and implement course of action to achieve those objectives.
- Recognize safety and health hazards present in the workplace.
- Ensure adequate information, training and supervision is provided.
- Investigate incidents and take remedial action.
- Understand and implement their legal responsibilities.
The course is assessed by:
1 A short written/objective multiple-choice paper.
2 A project, which takes the form of careful examination of your work environment and a risk assessment.